Puff Pancake


When I was younger my mom used to make these for me and we lost the recipe so I had finally found it and was so excited, I make these quite often and they are so delicious.  I can usually make one and share it with the kids.



PUFF PANCAKE
4 Tablespoons     Unsalted butter
1/2 cup                Milk 
1/2 cup                Flour 
1/4 cup                Granulated sugar
2 large                 Eggs
1 pinch                Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons     Confectioners sugar (optional)



Heat oven to 425 degrees

Melt butter in a 10inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat, move butter around to coat entire skillet. Watch the butter so it doesn't burn you can remove from heat until your batter is ready if it gets too hot.

Whisk milk, flour, granulated sugar, eggs, and nutmeg in medium bowl.

Pour into skillet cook 1-minute over medium heat.

Place in the oven and bake until puffed and golden on the puffs, 12-15 minutes.  

Sift or sprinkle confectioners sugar over the top. 

Serve immediately as the puff will go down.


 You can add anything to the top as well...strawberries, blueberries, apples, fruit dip cream cheese    
I use this skillet from Princess House which I have mentioned in a previous blog because you can click on/off the handle so therefor you don't need a pot holder. Love these removable handles 
See, on the stove with the handle
Removed handle when I placed in the oven, and just by a click of a button
Heres the handle (aka pot holder) 
See the puff pancake rising YUM (the kids love to watch this)
Puffed
Like I mentioned the puff goes down when you take it out :( but its so dense and fulfilling) 
Final product...Puff Pancake





         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baseball stitch wall

Princess Tea Party