Sushi Night







A lot of people think that making sushi rolls is a very hard thing to do but it's quite easy. The first time I made a roll I rolled my roll very tight and was so proud. I'm going to give you instructions the best I can but it really just takes you jumping into it and trying it to realize its not hard at all.


You need:

Bamboo roll
Sushi rice
Rice vinegar
Seaweed

Ingredients per recipe:

California roll:
Avocado
Cucumber
Cream cheese
Imitation crab meat

I also add smoked salmon in some or lobster meat and etc in place of the crab meat

Another thing I do is make the seafood sauce ahead of time and put some if a few rolls.

Seafood sauce:
Sriracha
Mayonnaise
(divide to your tasting)

After I roll them, in which I'll explain below, I sometimes smother them in panko crumbs and deep fry. In 3 different plates flour, egg, panko crumbs,  dip in that order than deep fry until lightly browned on all sides.

Ok for the fun part...

Cook rice as directed, add rice vinegar and let sit for about 10 minutes than spread enough on bamboo roll to be same size as the seaweed sheet, I usually dip the back of spoon in water as I spread an smoosh rice down so rice doesn't stick to fingers or spoon, top rice with seaweed, in middle of seaweed place cream cheese, Avocado, cucumber, crab, keep the cucumber slices a bit away from ends or when u roll they'll kinda slip out :(. Once you have all pieces down you fold the end closest to you over to where it meets under your ingredients to where you can begin the roll, with one hand squeeze and roll and other hand pull the excess bamboo out and keep squeezing and rolling until you've gone all around and the bamboo your pulling with other hand is pretty much off of the roll itself.

Also if you are interested in these beautiful sushi plates (the last picture), they are a beautiful china sold by my mom, Her name is Nikki Sieckmann and they are made by Princess House.

I'm posting a few pics so you can see in each step plus some pics of ingredients....

salmon (found in tuna section)

Panko (found in bread crumb section or by baking goods)





After the rice is smooshed and spread out than lay seaweed sheet on top












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baseball stitch wall

Princess Tea Party